Monday, September 16, 2024

OUR MIDWEEK MUSE ART CHALLENGE

THEME:  ANCESTORS

I created my artwork this week with my ancestors in mind. My Great-Grandmother, Viola Dickenson and her daughter, Fannie Ellis Dickenson, who was my Great-Aunt. Viola passed when I was a very small child, so I barely remember her, but my Great-Aunt Fannie was always a big part of my life. 

She lived in the old farmhouse that was her parents and it was full of old antiques and unique, odd things that a child loves to look at and ponder upon! Christmas at her house was like a fantasy land of antique decorations and a tree trimmed with little elves and those green and red bubble lights...you remember those?? Old Teddy Bears wearing wire-rimmed glasses and handmade Raggedy Anne Dolls sitting at a small table waiting for tea from a child's antique China Tea Set! She never stopped believing in Santa Claus! 

An Old phonograph graced the living room with those thick black records that still played music! In her bedroom she had an old spinning wheel in front of the window and in the corner a collection of hats in boxes stacked to the ceiling. Homemade quilts she loved to sew were displayed on every bed.  She had old jewelry and clothes that we loved to play dress up in and pretend we were fancy ladies of society! We would play Hide and Go Seek and hide in the large traveling trunks in the attic.

 The whole family gathered there often for the wonderful dinners she cooked and spread across the table. What a feast we had! Homemade jams, freshly baked bread, every delectable candy you could imagine, and elderberry wine! In the Fall, we had chestnuts from her Chestnut Tree. 

Her life was well-lived and her stories of the historical events she witnessed throughout her life where amazing! Her home, so charming, seemed like a far, far away place in another time and in another world! 

I loved her dearly and she is greatly missed today and every day! 





Digital art created from Miriam's Digital Kit Scraps along with my own pictures and my scraps!

1 comment:

  1. The women of your origins are magnificent, and your memories are even more so.
    Your collages are a beautiful tribute and your sharing is very touching.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!