Saturday, May 25, 2024

ART JOURNAL JOURNEY ART CHALLENGE

                                                                             Poem


 
This art piece expresses the deep emotions I felt as I faced what every mother must face
when their children begin their own journey towards adulthood.
 
Am I prepared for the day when I
 will find that my little nest is suddenly empty?
 
As the years quickly passed by,
 my children pushed aside one toy after another,
now they are all packed safely away.
 
Sentimental feelings for those toys often overflow
 in my heart because each toy holds a special memory
 attached only to the child that loved it dearly.  
 
I own great treasure for within those plain, 
cardboard boxes are many precious gifts,
moments in time that will forever be.
Theses are the gifts my children have left for me.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kim. I also have several boxes full of 'memories ', some of which are now by my grandchildren! Thanks for this beautiful entry for AJJ, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Valerie for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!